• Profile picture of Infographics

    Infographics

    • 1 year, 9 months ago

    How Great Leaders Say “No”

    Constant requests. Favors. Deadlines.

    Setting boundaries at work is challenging.

    You want to keep positive relationships.

    And be seen as a team player.

    But boundaries are a part of self-care.

    How can you do it without burning bridges?

    Here are some ways you can set boundaries effectively:

    💬 “Let’s find another way to address this.”
    ↳ Promotes collaboration and problem-solving.

    💬 “I am unable to do it but I know [Name] can help.”
    ↳ Suggests someone else who might assist.

    💬 “I can’t attend the event but thanks for the invite.”
    ↳ Politely declines while showing gratitude.

    💬 “Is there some other way I can support you?”
    ↳ Redirects the request while still offering assistance.

    💬 “I can’t attend this meeting, but can I get the notes?”
    ↳ Declines while showing interest in staying informed.

    💬 “I can’t join this project, but I can offer some advice.”
    ↳ Declines participation while offering support.

    💬 “Let’s set a different deadline that works for us both.”
    ↳ Shows willingness to adjust and help with your limits.

    💬 “Can we look at this again in a few weeks?”
    ↳ Keeps the door open for the future without a firm no.

    💬 “Thank you for thinking of me, but I have priorities.”
    ↳ Shows respect while setting boundaries.

    Leadership involves knowing when to say “no.”

    Preserve your energy and support your team.

    Protect your time while valuing others.

Media

Keep in touch