-
Email habits that make us all look weak:
❌ Apologizing when you didn’t do anything wrong
❌ Dancing around what you actually want
❌ Using 10 words when 3 would workHere’s the reality.
Being overly nice costs you:↳ You sound unsure and indecisive
↳ You waste time on unnecessary back-and-forth
↳ Nobody knows what you want or when you need it9 email phrases I am deleting forever:
1. “Sorry for my late response” (ok not ALWAYS gonna delete this one)
↳ Instead say: “Thank you for bearing with me.”2. “Just wanted to check in”
↳ Instead say: “Can I get an update on…”3. “I’m not entirely sure”
↳ Instead say: “I’d like to clarify…”4. “I think maybe we could”
↳ Instead say: “I recommend we…”5. “Let me know when you’re free”
↳ Instead say: “Would you prefer Tuesday 2pm or Wednesday 3pm?”6. “I’ll try to get this done soon”
↳ Instead say: “You’ll have this by EOD Friday”7. “Sorry to bother you”
↳ Instead say: “I’d like to discuss something”8. “I hope this is what you wanted”
↳ Instead say: “I’d appreciate your feedback”9. “Just wanted to share thoughts”
↳ Instead say: “Here’s what needs to change”It really just comes down to:
✅ Taking ownership (I will vs I’ll try)
✅ Being specific (dates, times, numbers)
✅ Direct language (here’s what vs might be)
Media
Photos
Videos
Audios
Files
